**This post contains affiliate links, and we may be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the affiliate and/or partner links.
Budgeting can be a daunting task especially if your income varies from month to month. Amanda discusses 3 methods that you can use to make it easier for you to create your budget.
- Create your “bare bones” budget
- Income based off of your lowest month last year
- Expenses – What are your minimum bills each month?
- In each case, zero-sum
- Best plan – Put all your pay into a savings account and pay yourself a steady “salary” into your checking account each month. This way you have a predictable, steady income. You can also make this whatever payday schedule works best with your personality – I pay bills twice a month, for example.
- Good plan – live on last month’s income. Then you’re budgeting off real numbers, not a projection for the month.
- Good plan – When you get paid, give priority to shelter (including essential utilities), food, clothing, transportation and then spread the rest across your other expenses.
- If your check doesn’t cover everything, that’s ok. Pay what you can (again, make sure your priorities are covered first) and then pick up where you left off on the next check.
- If you end up with more money than expenses on any given month, save it for a “dry” month or tackle whichever baby step your on, if applicable.
PRACTICE TRADING STOCKS WITH WEBULL – Get 2 FREE stocks valued up to $1,000 here: https://act.webull.com/kol-us/share.html?hl=en&inviteCode=HvpbX35EsVmn\
TERM LIFE INSURANCE WITH BESTOW – Fast, Free Quote on affordable online term life insurance. No exam, no waiting, no hassles: https://tinyurl.com/y79pywmw
BUYING OR SELLING A HOME – https://choicerealtyconnect.com/ when you are wanting to buy or sell a home, condo or any type of property. Get matched with up to 3 top agents in your area.
Subscribe to the podcast – all links located here: https://linktr.ee/rocklandusa
Call us with your questions : 989-888-ROCK (7625)
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/your401k/